Trying with another hosting company
Ever since I started with this web thing, I’ve been quite satisfied with my current hosting provider. By the release of some high traffic sites (you guessed it right – the Typetester), I faced the troubles caused by the numbers of visitors and multiple database queries.
I already purchased a new account from other provider, but I wanted to post my expectations for the future reference:
- Advanced Apache mods, such as
mod_security. Possibility to request additional features.
- GD 2.0.x support (and that it actually works most of the time).
- Control over the Cron jobs.
- Possibility to execute external programs with PHP (See backup2mail).
safe_mode_exec_dir(if the safe mode is enabled).
- Easily manageable folder settings via
.htaccessfiles (some web control panels are keen to override manually adjusted settings… Arrrgh!).
- Easily manageable
- Full overview of the bandwidth/disk usage (days, months, year).
- Easy to setup additional domains.
- Human controlled, non-automatic server firewall.
- Regularly updated web based MySQL control panel.
- Cross-browser compatible Account control panel.