The Mobile Book review
I had a fortune to be among the first readers of The Mobile Book, published by Smashing Media and I enjoyed reading it. If you are serious about building either strictly mobile or mobile first responsive interfaces, buy this book now.
As it turned out — designing for the web became crazy complex and the industry developments can only be followed if you are up-to-date with the matter. I can safely predict that for anyone who wants to postpone designing for mobile untill the next occasion, it will be too late. It’s already too late. We are going towards the One Web and the amount of expertize will soon be too great to simply jump on the bandwagon. So you better start learning. And The Mobile Book can help.
The Mobile Book is a comprehensive textbook that will get you up to speed with designing for mobile right away. It’s a combination of:
- technology landscape and the global market statistics
- predictions for the future of connectivity and how to prepare for the changes
- practical responsive web design HTML and CSS examples
- responsive web design patterns, including mobile navigation, data tables, carousels and conditional loading
- server- and client-side performance optimization tips
- core UX design methods applied to design for mobile such as design funneling, paper prototyping, content strategy and information architecture
- ergonomics for touch screens
And like that was not enough, digital versions are shipped with five extra chapters. Go, get it!